USEFUL LINKS AND SEARCHES!!!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

First Month of baby Vash

Second day of October 2009, I got back home. It's baby Vash first month. He really grows fast and healthy though he isn't a breastfeed baby.


Unfortunately, on the following day he was showing a fever symptom. We immediately provided him a medication but still his temperatures were unstable from 37-38 deg C. The temperature remained that way for 3 days, thus, we decided to rush him to hospital 11PM that day. At emergency room, nurses were having difficulty injecting him dextrose as they complained his veins were too small and dehydrated. They tried 4X but failed. I told them to please stop that for a moment and give my baby a rest! They listen to me. We continue giving him a medication as prescribed but still having no improvements. Early morning another group of nurses came in with 1 doctor for dextrose injection. However, they got the same comments as previous batch. They also failed 3X but at last they made it on 4th. Overall, they pricked my baby 8X with needle before finding a good vein for dextrose. HUH! Second day in hospital we opted to change the brand of medication (paracetamol) and the doctor agreed, also, that same day the antibiotic had given to my baby. Fortunately, on the 3rd day my baby's temp becomes normal and stable. After the labs result, the doctor diagnosed my baby had some kind of "viral infection" resulted to a fever. I am very thankful the sickness was not that severe. But still the doctor required completing 6 days in hospital for antibiotic treatment. Well, with all due respect, in my own observation I do believe the 2nd brand of paracetamol had cured my baby.


After 6 days, we left hospital and brought my baby Vash back home. Now he is in good condition, lovely, and smiling.
Lesson learned:
For me, I shouldn't stick with single brand of medication when sickness has unstable for 1-2 days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DON'T SPAM (it'll be deleted)...THANKS